#31 GT-FOUR

GT-FOUR

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • STATE:WA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

Any expensive wheel brand should be able to make you something inany size you like.

If your budget isnt that high. Koya does 3 types of wheels (one which looks exactly like the cr-kai) with custom offsets between +15 and +50 I think, and also in 17x8 and 18x8.5 for reasonable prices. Obviously the quality isnt the same as a genuine cr-kai, not the weight. But they do the job.

Here is a handy calculator aswell to show the differences in offset between a set of wheels to another.

http://www.1010tires...tCalculator.asp

JDM ST185 Widebody 258kW / 12.045 @ 185.19 km/h

2010 Hoonda Accord Euro

#32 Thirteen13

Thirteen13

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts
  • Interests:Metal Music, Coffee, Cars, Bikes, Computers

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Ive owned genuine Work CR Kais and seen Rota Torque (which are knock offs) and the quality is pretty closem the only real difference is the stamping. Many of the copies now days are so good and so close that the genuines need to lower there prices else why will people pay top dollar when they are really just paying for a brand at the end of the day.
Posted Image

#33 GT-FOUR

GT-FOUR

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

Sorry, I just said the quality difference to please everyones views on it all. I personally dont see the problem with a wheel knock off, but some people have cries about them crackng etc.

Yes a cheap rim will crack because of the way its been cast. But if the rim has been hit hard enough to warrant a crack, then a brand name wheel which is made better will buckle and you'd probably be better of with a new wheel anyway.

JDM ST185 Widebody 258kW / 12.045 @ 185.19 km/h

2010 Hoonda Accord Euro

#34 lylee

lylee

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 525 posts
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

look at this website
http://www.jdmconcep...tion-cr-kai-set#

#35 anhphuongvu

anhphuongvu

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

hey guys i was looking into a set of work emotion cr kai's 17x8.0 with a +32 offset how would that be with the front and rear guards

they will look like mine, but 3mm better LOL
its a very good offset

#36 Thirteen13

Thirteen13

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

I spoke to several different people about rota's as i bought a set in the past and a few where the sales reps (so they will have biased oppion) other where tyre shop people and a few performance mechanics.
All that encounted said they where good and cheap for what you get.

The only people to claim to have seen problems was 1 rota rep who said he had a guy return a rim because it had cracked, Turned out the guy was trying to get a free rim cause he drove it through a massive hole and smashed it.
A Rays/Volk will do the same.
Posted Image

#37 anhphuongvu

anhphuongvu

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

rays/volk wont really crack
they will bend it like beckham

refer to next post for pics.
it will protect your brakes and suspension

Edited by anhphuongvu, 27 June 2012 - 09:46 PM.

#38 anhphuongvu

anhphuongvu

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:40 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by anhphuongvu, 27 June 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#39 Thirteen13

Thirteen13

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

it can really depend how its struck tho.
Posted Image

#40 lylee

lylee

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

whoa damn hes bent as bro :laugh2:

#41 roleypup

roleypup

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography
  • STATE:QLD

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

:shocked:

#42 NoOg_sTaR

NoOg_sTaR

Forum Member

• OZCelica Supporter
  • 627 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

Good i reckon. Stock is like +38 which means any variation on that will be either closer or further from the hub. So +32mm means the hub will be -6mm futher away from the centre of the hub which = more dish but closer to the guards. 17" is obviously the height of the rim and 8 is the width. So if stock is 15x6.5+38. Then Going to a 17x7+38 would be about perfect match up size. So youll be pretty spot on with what your going for. +32 wont get any scrub and 17" is a sensible size without guard roll. Just dont get uber Phat tyres. Perhaps 225's at max.

What the F*** dude. 17x7 +38 is not perfect. 17x8 +32 will not rub. That size is F***ing piss weak.

I am running 17x8 +3 meaning 29MM closer to the guards than the size you are suggesting and I still get F*** all rub. I would run 17x9 +12 if I was to do it again.

I haven't been on the forums for a while. What has this place become into? Copy rims are the pinnacle of faggotry, get genuine or don't bother.

Edited by NoOg_sTaR, 11 July 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#43 Thirteen13

Thirteen13

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

What the F*** dude. 17x7 +38 is not perfect. 17x8 +32 will not rub. That size is F***ing piss weak.

I am running 17x8 +3 meaning 29MM closer to the guards than the size you are suggesting and I still get F*** all rub. I would run 17x9 +12 if I was to do it again.

I haven't been on the forums for a while. What has this place become into? Copy rims are the pinnacle of faggotry, get genuine or don't bother.

Dude chill out. No need to have a rage at me. I ment as in a comparison to a stock rim. If you go from the stock size to a large rim of that offset then it will be matched rolling diameter to nearly perfect match with same offset.

Im not talking about fitting the widest, dishest rim under the guards.

its great your running rims that size, but are your guards stock or been rolled ?
Why are copy rims "pinnacle of faggotry"? Sometimes if you want a certain style of rim you dont have a choice as they are either rare in the size you want esp as 5x100 isnt the most common stud size, they can be hard to source in Australia, they can be really farken expensive and not all of us have huge amounts of disposable income and if you can find a set overseas postage can be a real killer.

Edited by Thirteen13, 11 July 2012 - 03:22 PM.

Posted Image

#44 NoOg_sTaR

NoOg_sTaR

Forum Member

• OZCelica Supporter
  • 627 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

If you are going into the effort of changing wheels why bother having standard fitment that can be fisted? Fitment can make or break a cars overall appearance and stance. Rolling guards is not hard. Anyone who changes wheels has no excuse about not wanting to roll the guards. Yahoo Japan is not expensive either nor is shipping if you are willing to wait. Jesse Streeter can hook people up with ease.

Copy wheels are terrible due to the fact they are imitations of the real thing and a large percentage of people who run them either claim them to be real or still define themselves as "JDM" even though their wheels are made in the Philippines and China. Furthermore they are heavy and are creating the demise of the car scene. The term "why go genuine" is far too common.

In regards to “why the rage”? I have been away for quite a while now, after reading up a few post you seem to be filling these kids with misinformation. If you don't have a 100% answer. Do not take a stab in the dark trying to appear like you are all knowing. For anybody who thinks camber is based on cm. Learn more before you stab, Google is a wonderful thing.

Edited by NoOg_sTaR, 11 July 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#45 Thirteen13

Thirteen13

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

yeah alright fairo point taken. Man im not trying to misinform anyone nor have i claimed to know everything either. I havent intentionally sprouted any misinformation either. I have made it usually pretty clear that i am not correct and im not trying to tell anyone that wat im saying is right or wrong. Im just being a contributing member of the forum. I know im not 100% correct all the time, but at the same time its good for the health of the forums to keep conversations rolling and if your wrong, well easily enough to be corrected. As far me as saying about the camber, i had a spaz brain fart moment, i know its in degree's.

As far as copy rims go, i take your point on board and i can see the validity in it. Though the main factor is money, and if people feel as if they can get a better deal buying the copy rims at a fraction of the cost of genuine ones then i can see the logic in that. People would assume, they arent worth as much so if they smash them/damage them whatever its not as expensive to replace, means they can spend money on other stuff whatever. Plus not everyone has a garage to park there car in so can potentially have your rims stolen pretty easily.
I agree with you though Genuine rims are heaps nicer i had a set of Work Emotion CR Kai's imported from japan on my TT supra and they were nice rims.

Edited by Thirteen13, 11 July 2012 - 04:30 PM.

Posted Image

#46 MattsZR_126

MattsZR_126

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

I'm really new to the whole after market modification with cars and as a result I don't know much about rims but I'm really keen on these wheels (http://www.ebay.com....1#ht_769wt_1037)
Will they fit on a celica with no rubbing issues?

My car is a 2000 Model

Edited by MattsZR_126, 10 February 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#47 st182er

st182er

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

they will fit but will look very tucked under that arches.

Get somthing like this:
http://www.ebay.com....#ht_1170wt_1131

sig_zpsmro1wsns.png

#48 ZRB

ZRB

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

I personally think +35 offset is the way to go. They are not tucked in nor do they stick out.

Something like this;

http://www.ebay.com....7a6d16ee&_uhb=1

#49 MattsZR_126

MattsZR_126

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

I must admit after reading this post and noticing that the level of offset on those rims would give rise to an offset fail I thought I could avoid this with some spacers?
Am I correct or just insane?

#50 Thirteen13

Thirteen13

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Yeah you can use spacers to solve the offset problem. Trouble is most 5x100 are really high offset. I had heaps of trouble finding anything lower than +40mm in 5x100. I assume probably has something to do with WRX being popular 5x100 stud side and they are something like +50mm offset.

Edited by Thirteen13, 10 February 2013 - 05:34 PM.

Posted Image

#51 SinisterSX

SinisterSX

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Long Walks on the Beach<br />Sunsets and Sunrises <br />Reading and Writing Poetry..... no wait... those are things i dont like.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Im planning on getting a set of KOYA CR TEKS in 17x8 +20 offset. Should look nice and squat tough.
"power is like a drug......and I can't afford drugs because of this stupid car......Just say NO"
- 2009, The Ronin / Newcel.org

#52 Mean_185

Mean_185

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

I'm getting a set of 18x8.5 32 ssr's
Posted Image

Formerly: Mr VVTL-I 

#53 celicajim

celicajim

OZCelica Junkie

• OZCelica Supporter
  • 2,075 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Computers
  • STATE:VIC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Before you get a set of 18's have you looked at what tyres you will run? There is VERY limited selection in the rolling diameter required to fit celicas.

Celica ---| 117.5 fwkw | 1:44.19 - Winton (Semi Slicks) | 1:48.53 - Winton (Street Tyres) | 1:13.39 - Wakefield (Semi Slicks) | 1:16.17 - Wakefield (Street Tyres) | Phillip Island 2:07.62 (MM & Semi Slicks) | My Celica |
Silvia ----| 133.3 rwkw | 1:XX.XX - Winton (Semi Slicks) | 1:43.67 - Winton (Street Tyres) | 1:XX.XX - Wakefield (Semi Slicks) | 1:12.77 - Wakefield (Street Tyres) | Phillip Island X:XX.XX (Semi Slicks) |

#54 Thirteen13

Thirteen13

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

Either that or just throw ya Speedo out.
Posted Image

#55 celicajim

celicajim

OZCelica Junkie

• OZCelica Supporter
  • 2,075 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Computers
  • STATE:VIC

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

Not to mention you can get defected for not being within + - 15mm original rolling diameter.

Celica ---| 117.5 fwkw | 1:44.19 - Winton (Semi Slicks) | 1:48.53 - Winton (Street Tyres) | 1:13.39 - Wakefield (Semi Slicks) | 1:16.17 - Wakefield (Street Tyres) | Phillip Island 2:07.62 (MM & Semi Slicks) | My Celica |
Silvia ----| 133.3 rwkw | 1:XX.XX - Winton (Semi Slicks) | 1:43.67 - Winton (Street Tyres) | 1:XX.XX - Wakefield (Semi Slicks) | 1:12.77 - Wakefield (Street Tyres) | Phillip Island X:XX.XX (Semi Slicks) |

#56 SinisterSX

SinisterSX

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Long Walks on the Beach<br />Sunsets and Sunrises <br />Reading and Writing Poetry..... no wait... those are things i dont like.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

I love this photo, this is tough.

Posted Image

So I ordered some rims today in a 17x8 +20 offset, hopefully it looks nice and flush. Hopefully be here friday so will put pics up on the weekend.
"power is like a drug......and I can't afford drugs because of this stupid car......Just say NO"
- 2009, The Ronin / Newcel.org

#57 MattsZR_126

MattsZR_126

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

So I've done a quick calculation with the TRD 18" Rims the recommended tyres are: 225/40/18 and compared to the stock 205/50/16 the rolling diameter difference would be 5.3mm so no big issue at all. The tyres on the other hand go up considerably but nothing to worry about if you shop at the right place. It's actually considerably cheaper to pay $350 for postage from the US as a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 2 will set you back $708 from Tirerack.

#58 st182er

st182er

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

do you have coilovers mattsZR? you could probably pull off 18inch wheels if the height was right.

my opinion in fitment (which is invalid lol) would be +0 for 7th gens. Looking at noog starts +3 offset wheels they are pretty much perfect.

I am running +18 in the rears and they are tucked (5th gen)

sig_zpsmro1wsns.png

#59 MattsZR_126

MattsZR_126

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

I'll be getting some ceika's shortly, height adjustable ones obviously. I'm in love with TRD rims yet they're so hard to find in 17" lol super low profile will have to do

#60 Thirteen13

Thirteen13

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Only thing you might find with the Ceika is the rears, depending on the look your going for, plus the springs you pick. If you have a look at my car pic's you'll understand what i mean.

Edited by Thirteen13, 11 February 2013 - 08:35 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users