#61 GT4_2NV

GT4_2NV

OZCelica monthly meet organizer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:59 PM

hi peeps im from alltrac.net... how many sydney st185s are there on this board?

Black ST185 >EG5 > JAZZ > Turbo EK > EK4 > EP3R > MX-5 > MKV GTI

#62 GT4titude

GT4titude

4WheelSpinneR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 07:51 AM

Hey,

What mufflers are you guys/gals using??

Dimensions if possible to of what we can fit in our 185's.

I'm looking to get a straight through muffler but i want one that will quieten down the 3" system and not be droney. Already have 1 resonator aswell.

Used to have a Genie Canon.. but the barrel was too small on that one and with the 3" it was way too loud.. now its got a shitty "S" config style muffler 3" in and out which has reduced the volume (a little) but also the flow.. so i was even considering droping to a 2.5" Cannon if that would help on noise but still give the flow because of the straigh through design.. hmmz

Any suggestions? Mufflers can get damn expensive! Im not really bothered about brand, just something that i know will work well with flow and noise reduction.
*************************************** - 2007 Focus XR5 Turbo - **************************************

#63 GT3071R

GT3071R

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:37 AM

I'm looking to get a straight through muffler but i want one that will quieten down the 3" system and not be droney. Already have 1 resonator aswell.

If you want quiet you can't have straight through. Try an ofset muffler.

Cheers
Jordan
Luke 1:79
To give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

#64 GT4titude

GT4titude

4WheelSpinneR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:58 AM

Apparently aussie exhaust has there 3" system at 90db and they use a cannon.. only thing is they want like $650 for their muffler!! No thanks!

Really just looking to get rid of the drone that im getting around 2300-3300
*************************************** - 2007 Focus XR5 Turbo - **************************************

#65 sikx5

sikx5

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • STATE:QLD

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:29 PM

There are HKS and Blitz exhuasts, and ive seen they use a silencer in the tip of the muffler, and when you want more noise you just unscrew the silence tip. Have you seen those?
???AWHP - .: R32 Golf
300AWHP - ST185 Group A

#66 GT4

GT4

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 01:24 PM

i got a muffler for sale
HKS Megaphone Dunk
call me 0408942410
Posted Image

#67 GT4IMV

GT4IMV

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:58 PM

hey guys just wondering wat size piping do u guys use for your front mount intercooler?? wat do u guys recommend ???
GOD DAMN STREET RACERS>>>>

#68 -==L=a=N=c=E==-

-==L=a=N=c=E==-

The Red Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars, Fast Women

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:03 PM

hey guys just wondering wat size piping do u guys use for your  front mount intercooler?? wat do u guys recommend ???

View Post

Do a search

2" to 2.5"
Richard - "Never enough power. Just not enough traction."

Do you need 3S-GTE/ST185 technical articles? Look at my collection HERE

#69 GT3071R

GT3071R

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:56 PM

What's a stock GT4 throttle body? 55mm sounds about right.

I recomend that. no point filling more pipe volume if all it has to do is be reduced again. Remember the more air in the pipe work the longer you wait.

Jordan.
To give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

#70 Cuts

Cuts

ST205 FTW

• Admin
  • 5,968 posts
  • Interests:Things
    Stuff
    Other
  • STATE:TAS

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:29 PM

Hi guys, as you all can see im not a 185, but im wondering if anyone on here has put a front mount in a 185 RC/CS, because ive put a front mount in my 205 group a, but because there is no more water pump im gettin a code 54, now i was wondering how all you other charge cooler guys got around it (witha standard ecu)
regards Cuts.

P.S. i used 2" to intercooler, and 3" to the throttle body, then reducing to 2.5" into the throttle body.
i had to make a new flange to bolt to the standard throttle body as the OE one is a retarded size like 2.75" or something.
If anyone is wondering i used a bit of k110(k110 is a tough tool steel) 120mm diameter, then turned it with a 8mm flange, then turned the 2.5" inlet on the front and bored the hole out to about 2mm smaller then the OD size.

then used a bandsaw to cut the 8mm thick flange to the right shape, drilled some holes and a lick of paint and that was it. I would have made it from aluminium but i didnt have any and i wanted it make. It didnt end up very heavy anyway because there is bugger all material left, most of it ends up on the floor

ST205 Group A Rallye, #61 of 77......350kw atw @ 23 psi on E85. http://www.ozcelica....up-a-rallye-61/
GRX133 Mark X 350s http://www.ozcelica....cuts-new-daily/

#71 Beej

Beej

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 847 posts
  • Interests:Hap Ki Do, Gym, Automotive

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:17 PM

Hi guys, as you all can see im not a 185, but im wondering if anyone on here has put a front mount in a 185 RC/CS, because ive put a front mount in my 205 group a, but because there is no more water pump im gettin a code 54, now i was wondering how all you other charge cooler guys got around it (witha standard ecu)
regards Cuts.

P.S. i used 2" to intercooler, and 3" to the throttle body, then reducing to 2.5" into the throttle body.
i had to make a new flange to bolt to the standard throttle body as the OE one is a retarded size like 2.75" or something.
If anyone is wondering i used a bit of k110(k110 is a tough tool steel) 120mm diameter, then turned it with a 8mm flange, then turned the 2.5" inlet on the front and bored the hole out to about 2mm smaller then the OD size.

then used a bandsaw to cut the 8mm thick flange to the right shape, drilled some holes and a lick of paint and that was it. I would have made it from aluminium but i didnt have any and i wanted it make. It didnt end up very heavy anyway because there is bugger all material left, most of it ends up on the floor

View Post

unfortunately none of us on here have gotten rid of our WTA's. the best place to ask this question is Alltrac.net i know some ppl have gotten around it, especially on GT4OC but those bastards wont let us use their site unless we pay. but their in the UK dammit!!!

i imagine an auto electrician would be able to rig something up for u if u were able to find out what voltages the ECU is SUPPOSED to be receiving....then u could simply send a phantom signal and solve ur problem

BTW welcome to the site! its nice to see another 205. we need some more variety on the board!!! too many 185's!!!

where bouts u at? howd u find us?
ITS A VENT NOT A FUKING SCOOP!!!
[I] walk the thin line between shallow and deep - Slug, Between the lines
QUOTE(Champ_B)
hi to you too

now gimme a ride in your car

user posted image

#72 GTFao

GTFao

Victorian Pit Crew

• OZCelica Supporter
  • 1,223 posts
  • STATE:VIC

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:52 PM

I would imagine that the water pump signal would just be 12 volt to tell the ECU that it's on, but, I'm only having a guess here, I've always been running a ATA IC.

The only other thing i could suggest is to take ur volt meter, set it to resistenace (Ohms/ Omega) and put one clip on one terminal of the water pump n one clip on the other. Write down the resistance, then see if u can find a resistor from Dick Smith or Tandy (Same She-ite, different bucket) and plug it in.

Or you could just ignore it, altho, that's not really a long term fix.

Now for my question: :lolhit: I blew a hole through one of my silicon reducers on my I/C pipework today. Any ideas what woulda caused it? I'm only running 10psi, the only thing I can think of is that i hit something on the road. So, i'm waiting for another one to either A: come from Sydney or B: come from all mighty rice barn, but i have a feeling they won't have anything.

My rant over, sorry guys n gals
1990 SW20 MR2
Posted Image

#73 GT4#005

GT4#005

Forum Member

• OZCelica Supporter
  • 323 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:50 AM

Apparently aussie exhaust has there 3" system at 90db and they use a cannon.. only thing is they want like $650 for their muffler!! No thanks!

Really just looking to get rid of the drone that im getting around 2300-3300

View Post

Mines just got a Lukey muffler on it. That's what Neal Bates put on it with 3" piping. Sounds good and very little restriction.

Why waste money on a 'big name' muffler or a stupid ricey cannon?

#74 Cuts

Cuts

ST205 FTW

• Admin
  • 5,968 posts
  • Interests:Things
    Stuff
    Other
  • STATE:TAS

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:08 PM

the multimeter idea sounds like a go-er. If worst comes to worst ill hook it up to a small motor and fan on the bottom of the radiator.
my anwser is was the hole in the middle of the hose or where the edge of where the pipework might be, I was thinkin that if your intercooler piping had a bit of a burr on the edge it might have slowly worked its way through. Or you might have hit something sharp and cut it.

Also i have been on this site for a little while. I was in toymods but i dont go much there anymore, i did when i had the 13b REW celica, before i found about this great site.
Im from Low Head in the middle of north tassie, and someone send me a pm in toymods and told me (thanks whoever it was).

ST205 Group A Rallye, #61 of 77......350kw atw @ 23 psi on E85. http://www.ozcelica....up-a-rallye-61/
GRX133 Mark X 350s http://www.ozcelica....cuts-new-daily/

#75 Afro

Afro

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:14 PM

What's a stock GT4 throttle body? 55mm sounds about right.

50mm - ST185
55mm - ST185 Group A
60mm - ST205

#76 Classique71

Classique71

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Interests:Stuff!

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:21 PM

* waves * hi anhar

185 group A inlet adaptor = perfect for 2.5 inch frontmount piping , Lance and i both use them on the " mongrel garage " design ..

if you can source one!
New Project: Group A St205 - NZ Delivery #1 of 5

#77 -==L=a=N=c=E==-

-==L=a=N=c=E==-

The Red Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars, Fast Women

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:25 PM

* waves * hi anhar

185 group A inlet adaptor = perfect for 2.5 inch frontmount piping , Lance and i both use them on the " mongrel garage " design ..

if you can source one!

View Post

Join the mongrels. How much mongrel is upto you.
Richard - "Never enough power. Just not enough traction."

Do you need 3S-GTE/ST185 technical articles? Look at my collection HERE

#78 Classique71

Classique71

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Interests:Stuff!

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:29 PM

" lol - join the pack of mongrels - if you can keep up! "

mongrel by design - mongrel by nature - the bitch bites :stare:
New Project: Group A St205 - NZ Delivery #1 of 5

#79 sikx5

sikx5

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:01 PM

G'day fellas,
Im going to be keeping the WTA, so i thought i might re-condition it a bit. Some of the steps i followed, were:
1. Clean it out with petrol, i used around 5L of fuel(500ml at a time), put some in, shook it around. There was a massive amount of oil in there, from the blown turbo seals i had.
2. Strip it down, get rid of the rubber mounts, i left on the sensor and plastic bung on it, didnt want to have any leaks, so i just got the painter to cover them up well. Then just take a knife and slip of the "CELICA" pannel on top, its held on by 4 rows of double sided tape, so it will take some time to slip off.
3. Just dropped it off at the painters, $80 and the top got painted. It costed that much due to me scratching the shit out of it trying to take that double sided tape off...so i recommend keeping that on, the painters will have solvents that will slip it right off.
4. get some of the silver insulation tape pictured, a mate is a builder so i just got some off him. Just measure it up, and cut and paste, very simple and easy, took about 1 hour to heat shield the whole thing.

Here are some pics of the WTA after the fresh paint job:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here is the tape i used to lag it:
Posted Image

After the heat lagging:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

All done:
Posted Image
300AWHP - ST185 Group A

#80 sikx5

sikx5

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:03 PM

here are some of the things that have arrived so far...need less to say, im extremley broke....started to catch the train now also :thumbup:
New muffler, 3" inlet, twin out, Straight through..."its a stock car, cunstable":
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tein Superstreet coilovers:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It even came with a whole heap of stickers:
Posted Image

Tein think of everything....even rust proof :shock:
Posted Image
300AWHP - ST185 Group A

#81 sikx5

sikx5

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:05 PM

The new turbo..Garett GT28RS in .64 housing:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

New o2 sensor:
Posted Image

Homemade adpater to fit up the new apexi air filter, a fresh coat of paint and it should look good:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

New spark plugs, grade 7, because im planning to run a little more boost, ngk irridum BKE7EIX:
Posted Image

Now a few odds and ends, Alumnium rear diff mount, 3" flex, 3" high-flow cat, toyota oil filter:
Posted Image

Still waiting on these things to arrive\pickup, will post up pics soon as they arrive:
Defi BF PSI boost guage and controller
Whiteline rear adjustable sway bar
Fuel filter, New leads, Distributor cap + rotor arm
Tial 38mm External wastegate
ST205 brakes.

Once all the parts arrive, its then towed off to a mates place to get the CT26 to T25 adapter flange made up and the complete 3" turbo back exhuast.

Once all that is completed, I need to look into retro fitting a ST205 53mm Alumnium Koyo radiator and new slimline fans...Might be able to get a PWR to fit, need to get in contact with Dynomatt on toymods to confirm...

man that was a huge post....will keep you guys all updated as it progress, cant wait till the cars on the road, she's been off the road for 2 months now, its painful....

cheers
shane..aka "broke ass bitch"

sorry i had to split up the replys, this forum has a :thumbup: image posting rule.....
300AWHP - ST185 Group A

#82 Groper

Groper

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:36 PM

Shane,
Been wondering why your car's been missing from usual parking spot for soooo long. Now I know ! & catching the train. hehhehehe.
Those mods will be sensational ! Can't wait to check out when completed. Esp. %'ed in suspension mods. Look forward to discussing with you.
That zorst looks excellent. Who did it ?
cheers
Steve

#83 GT4titude

GT4titude

4WheelSpinneR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:21 PM

That looks awesome mate ;)

OoOoO those coilovers look mighty sweet :bow:

#84 GT3071R

GT3071R

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:28 PM

First off looks like it's going to be good

Secondly some questions.

1: why are you getting an external wastegate for a turbo that has an internal one?

2: How much and where did you pay/buy your tiens for, I'm very interested in buying a set of these soon after I return from the mines here in WA (PM me if you don't want to make it public)

Cheers and good luck (don't forget larger injectors)
Jordan

#85 sikx5

sikx5

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:21 AM

Thanks for the compliments and kind words fellas, im stoked, cant wait till the car is on the road :D

Also the exhuast stuff was all bought off ebay, pretty cheap too, the rest of the 3" turbo back exhuast will be done by some mates.

I ended up buying that set new...
from
www.perfectrun.com.au

ended up costing $1845 including delivery. They arrived 3 days after i paid for them, bloody excellent service :shock:

Also im going to weld the internal gate shut, and run of the external, no boost creep for me :D

No need for injectors, not going to be running much power, stock fuel system is more than adequote, all that will come later in the year :D

I wasnt expecting them to arrive so soon, when i got home and saw these two boxes, i just lite up in a buzz :lol:

The sway bar arrived yesterday :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And the EX-WG arrived today:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now to go see mr.T and buy some new studs and bolts for the manifold and Fuel filter, New leads, Distributor cap + rotor arm .

Then to fit up the suspension, drop the car...then off to my mates place to get the exhuast work done....

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
300AWHP - ST185 Group A

#86 GT3071R

GT3071R

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:06 AM

While I doub't you'd suffer boost creep on a GT28RS (Garrett make a quality and well tested product,) the 0.6 exhaust housing does seem rather small for your application.

Either way I wish you all the best (and many headaches :mrgreen: )

Enjoy
Jordan

#87 sikx5

sikx5

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:15 AM

While I doub't you'd suffer boost creep on a GT28RS (Garrett make a quality and well tested product,) the 0.6 exhaust housing does seem rather small for your application.

Either way I wish you all the best (and many headaches :mrgreen: )

Enjoy
Jordan

View Post

Thanks, it will be a fun project. The car is being built for track days, and windy country roads. Not going for all out stupid power and heaps of lag. Once the engine gets rebuilt, i can start to open the car up a bit, should be plenty enough for my needs. Also check on MR2OC about the GT28rs, heaps of first hand experience on there regarding the WG and its problems.
300AWHP - ST185 Group A

#88 GT4titude

GT4titude

4WheelSpinneR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:18 AM

:mrgreen: GREEN with envy :mrgreen:

Looks awesome mate! Can't wait to hear how it all goes!
Good luck with it and keep us posted!

Hmmm whiteline swaybar.. i want! Where did you get that from and for how much if i may ask?

Edited by GT4titude, 03 February 2006 - 11:20 AM.

#89 bLaInY

bLaInY

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Hockey, Computers, Aviation type stuff

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:39 AM

head off to www.whiteline.com.au and you can get all the product codes you need :mrgreen:

for the 185 i do believe the code for the rear bar is BTR29Z and is for sale at $219 or around that figure. Dont think they make a front bar though, there is an article on the GT4 bit of scrounging around and you could find it
White GT-Four Group A Rallye #117

#90 sikx5

sikx5

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:25 PM

:bow:  GREEN with envy  :chuckles:

Looks awesome mate! Can't wait to hear how it all goes!
Good luck with it and keep us posted!

Hmmm whiteline swaybar.. i want! Where did you get that from and for how much if i may ask?

View Post

I went through a mob named GSA wholesale suspension here in Brisbane. They charged me $155 AU + $18 freight from Sydney.

:stare:
300AWHP - ST185 Group A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users