#32 AdilK_10

AdilK_10

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • STATE:VIC

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

Ok, so I want to change a few more to LED.

Purchased LED's for parker lights, license plate and trunk.

Dome light: Seeing as I have the moon/sun roof, I need the 57/293. Any recommendations on these?

Dunno if you've done it yet, but this is what I got for mine. An LED board and you just use the correct adapter that fits into your light bulb socket. I got the biggest board that fits into mine and because all the LEDs face down it is super bright. So bright that at night you'd think it's daytime in the car.
I can't help you with the size because I don't have a sunroof, so my dome light has more space, but all you need to do is measure it up and make sure you get one that fits. Cheap and totally worth it.

Posted Image

Edited by AdilK_10, 05 August 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#33 ZRB

ZRB

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Will have to check it out AdiK. I'm in LED crazy mode again.

Yo Thirteen, you can add the Aircon lights as well to the original post if you want.

Type required: Neo Wedge T4

#34 Thirteen13

Thirteen13

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts
  • Interests:Metal Music, Coffee, Cars, Bikes, Computers
  • STATE:WA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

Have you checked out that ebay seller from QLD who has them for $2 plus postage. They also have a webshop for $4.50 each. Always planned to do it but never got aorudn to it. I might get Blue for my AC and Red for the demister.
Posted Image

#35 ZRB

ZRB

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

Yep, that's the seller I bought off. I will let you know how they go.

#36 Thirteen13

Thirteen13

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

Alright cool, is it the T4, 10mm ones ? Did you go off ebay or his shop ? I only want 1 blue and 1 red. Is it free postage off the website ?

ZRB you seem very knowledgeable, i wanna change the centre console colour from drab green to bright white. Same deal ? t4 neo's? or are they soldered LED's ? I dont mine resoldering the board. I just want white :D
Posted Image

#37 ZRB

ZRB

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

Alright cool, is it the T4, 10mm ones ? Did you go off ebay or his shop ? I only want 1 blue and 1 red. Is it free postage off the website ?

ZRB you seem very knowledgeable, i wanna change the centre console colour from drab green to bright white. Same deal ? t4 neo's? or are they soldered LED's ? I dont mine resoldering the board. I just want white :D/>

LOL me knowledgeable? Far from it :P/>

Yep got the T4 10mm ones from the ebay store. Postage is like $3. I bought 4x amber ones. Got 2 for a mate. So $12 all up.

When you say centre console, you mean the aircon controls right?

From my other thread: http://www.ozcelica....n-control-leds/

Posted Image

You can see the ones that light up the controls can be changed. "Lamp1 and "Lamp2" are T4 neo wedge. Just pull the board out sightly, twist and turn them out. Very easy.

The below two are hard wired (LED1 and LED2). I wouldn't change them. One, I've never really soldered, so would be bad. Two, there not always on and the light that comes from them is minimal.

The Cigerette lighter and ash tray light seems to be hard wired as well. Twist out, but there are wires attached. Didn't have much light to check if the globe pops out. Will check when my T4's arrive.

I'm surprised no one else has looked into these. I mean even the Motor Magazine that reviewd the Celica way back when, pointed out the poorly dim Aircon controls. Seeing that I've used SMD's before, they should light up well. Hopefully.....

Thankfully the dash is easy to remove, that anyone can remove it and change the bulbs.

Edited by ZRB, 26 August 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#38 Thirteen13

Thirteen13

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

Ah ok i get it now, the Neo wedges will make the backlighting on all that part.

Where as those 2 solided ones are the LED's for the controls. k Got it. So ill just get white then i reckon!
Posted Image

#39 ZRB

ZRB

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

Good stuff !! I've used SMD LED's before. So hopefully they should light up the console well. Finally got around to purchasing LED's for the rear break lights and for the dome light.

#40 ZRB

ZRB

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

Rear brake LED's have been removed. Found out while driving today that one of them wasn't working when pressing the brake. Back to original bulbs. The wiring on LED's is just to dodgy to be used as brake lights...

#41 Thirteen13

Thirteen13

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

isnt that wat we spoke about ? As in same trouble i had
Posted Image

#42 ZRB

ZRB

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

I think it's worth noting for the 1156 signal bulbs you need to use BAU15S not BA15S, as per the diagram below. You can see the variance in how the pins sit.

Though, if you do get the BA15S, you can just take off one of the pins and still be able to insert it.

bau15s_bulbs_vespa_oem_on_left_small_129

I just picked up LED for the front signals, as I'm running an LED flasher relay. So won't get hyperflash :D

THey look like the below, but Amber of course!

380_382_1156_BA15S_Bau15s_P21w_py21w.jpg

Edited by ZRB, 25 October 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#43 ishuffle

ishuffle

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • STATE:QLD

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:11 PM

Hi guys!

New to the forums and gotta say it's been very helpful reading up on other people's experiences in all areas! Thank you!

I went LED crazy and purchased nearly every singal one from ebay for the Celica.

Turn signals arrived today and thought by buying the 'Error Free' ones that I wouldn't get hyper flashing. Wrong! Found out it's for the european cars so they don't get an error message.

Also got the wrong pins "BA15S" so to fix that I sand one of the pins down. Compared to the stock ones, they arn't as bright which was dissapointing.

001.jpg

I'm looking to fix the 'hyper flashing' issue. Did some research and found these on eBay...

Car Flasher Relay to Fix LED Light Blink Flash 3 Pin :

va44_1.jpg

Has anyone used these before? or know how to install it? Is it just a matter of replacing a stock one with this?

Thanks

#44 MattsZR_126

MattsZR_126

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

I've never used them and I prefer the Incandescent blinkers. However I've helped a mate install something similar in a subaru outback. Ebay quality is always questionable. I strongly reccomend this product: http://www.superbrig...62-341--528376/

Despite them saying it isn't available if you contact them they can send you one to fix the problem and their quality control is really good. Hope this helps.

#45 ishuffle

ishuffle

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:38 PM

I've never used them and I prefer the Incandescent blinkers. However I've helped a mate install something similar in a subaru outback. Ebay quality is always questionable. I strongly reccomend this product: http://www.superbrig...62-341--528376/

Despite them saying it isn't available if you contact them they can send you one to fix the problem and their quality control is really good. Hope this helps.

I ordered the one from eBay before I saw this post, for $4 it's worth a try.

Has anyone tried changing their Brake (7443) globes to LED ones? I'm having problems with mine which I installed today. Lights up when you put the globes into the socket but when you hit the brakes. It doesn't change the brightness? just stays the same! Am I missing something? These bloody LED lights are giving me headaches! I thought it was going to be plug n play!

#46 ZRB

ZRB

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:24 PM

Hey mate. With the brake lights, they are el-cheapo. So there is no voltage resistance. So without the brake they should be on standard and with the brake they become brighter. I remember I tried a few with mixed results. So gave up and went with cutom made tail lights.

The only thing not worth going LED's is brake lights.

It's worth spending the money and getting the LED bulb i have, pictured above for the front blinkers. Yes your were cheap, but they're too close to each other and will eventually melt.

In regards to the relay flasher, I changed mine. See the box next to the gas pedal, on the right? Remove the one scre and you will see it. It was annoying getting it out. I remember there is a small hole that you can put a screw driver and to force it out.

You'll notice the aircon lights are dull. I would recomment putting LED's in. Check out my thread:

http://www.ozcelica....n-control-leds/

Just reply there if you have any issues.

Got pics of your car?

#47 ishuffle

ishuffle

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

Hey mate. With the brake lights, they are el-cheapo. So there is no voltage resistance. So without the brake they should be on standard and with the brake they become brighter. I remember I tried a few with mixed results. So gave up and went with cutom made tail lights.

The only thing not worth going LED's is brake lights.

It's worth spending the money and getting the LED bulb i have, pictured above for the front blinkers. Yes your were cheap, but they're too close to each other and will eventually melt.

In regards to the relay flasher, I changed mine. See the box next to the gas pedal, on the right? Remove the one scre and you will see it. It was annoying getting it out. I remember there is a small hole that you can put a screw driver and to force it out.

You'll notice the aircon lights are dull. I would recomment putting LED's in. Check out my thread:

http://www.ozcelica....n-control-leds/

Just reply there if you have any issues.

Got pics of your car?

Thanks for the info!

So what you are saying is you can't get the rear brakes to work without load resistors? I changed everything back to normal for now. Wait until the relay comes in. You are right about pulling out the OEM relay. I gave up trying to get it out so I can check the pins.

I haven't had time to take pics of the car. Will try and take some more soon.

#48 ZRB

ZRB

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

No, I got custom LED's done on the tail lights and the guy who made them put a lot of work into them so they don't screw up, including the resistors.

everdeftailled_zpsf83d0559.jpg

#49 ishuffle

ishuffle

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:51 PM

No, I got custom LED's done on the tail lights and the guy who made them put a lot of work into them so they don't screw up, including the resistors.

everdeftailled_zpsf83d0559.jpg

I'm just going to leave the rear brakes OEM.

It has been a learning curve with these LED lights. I've now discovered difference in temperature colour. Cool White, Natural White & Amber White. I ordered some cheap T10's off ebay and they are cool white (blue/purple tint). So I need to order different ones.

#50 Solar_blue

Solar_blue

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:fast cars, clubbing, parties, summertime, camping etc

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:59 PM

I replaced my stock headlights with kingwood HID H7 6000k kit i don't know how many years ago (5+ at least), best thing i ever did until one of the ballasts failed recently.

Replaced the failed ballast but it seems that one of the bulbs is on its way out so is there any places in Perth CBD that would sell just the H7 6000k bulb?

Id rather not have to purchase a entire new kit

http://www.photobox...._id=20742098391

-::::ALPINE CDA-9855R, CHA-S634, header, exhaust, A-SPR-17C, A-SPR-17S.... ::::-

-{NaZza}- ;)

#51 MattsZR_126

MattsZR_126

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:06 PM

Firstly how are you sure its the ballast? Secondly HID globes don't usually fail what makes you think its failing? There are places on eBay that will easily source you HID spare parts. So long as the connectors are the same brand won't matter. 

#52 Solar_blue

Solar_blue

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:fast cars, clubbing, parties, summertime, camping etc

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:04 PM

well its not the bulbs (mechanic suggested it may have been them) i didnt think it was the ballast but now not sure as they are both new. I replaced the hid bulbs today and one side still isnt working, so it could be a wiring issue possibly

-::::ALPINE CDA-9855R, CHA-S634, header, exhaust, A-SPR-17C, A-SPR-17S.... ::::-

-{NaZza}- ;)

#53 MattsZR_126

MattsZR_126

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

yea its very rare that bulbs will break, especially with HID. I can put money on it being wires not correctly pushed into their connectors or something. Get out a multi-meter and check the resistance until you find the problem in they rather simple system.

#54 trd_st_162

trd_st_162

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:56 PM

Is it just me or is it really hard to figure out which Globes to buy from ebay. I have a list of the globes I want to replace from this thread, but its hard knowing which ones are the brightest. They should really list Lumens in the item descriptions.

I'm keen to replace the 31mm festoon in the interior, number plate lights, as well as the boot globe for better visibility at night.

#55 ZRB

ZRB

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:55 PM

Man, changing the number plate lights, boot light and others in general is the easiest and best thing to freshen up your Celica.

Don't forget to remove the green plastics off the air con bulbs.

Thanks for reminding me, one of the rear plate lights are gone. Needs chasing. Currently have T10 red LEDs.

Lol it feels like you're a noob again, I bet :P

#56 trd_st_162

trd_st_162

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:59 AM

Man, changing the number plate lights, boot light and others in general is the easiest and best thing to freshen up your Celica.

Don't forget to remove the green plastics off the air con bulbs.

Thanks for reminding me, one of the rear plate lights are gone. Needs chasing. Currently have T10 red LEDs.

Lol it feels like you're a noob again, I bet :P

Thanks heaps haha. Yeah definitely feel like i'm in unknown territory again hahaha. I'm amazed the 7th gen thread I started back in 03 Jan 2012 is still going lol

#57 trd_st_162

trd_st_162

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:32 AM

Has anyone had any success with H7 low beam globes buying off ebay? I think i'm looking around $50 for a set of Narva H7s, I am really hoping to go for a white light more than a blue light (not keen on the blue).

#58 moo11123

moo11123

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:BOOSTED 7th GEN CELICAS!! <3

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:36 AM

Yes dude. you should polish ur headlights first tho.

I have Philips crystalvision 4300K lowbeams and highbeams which is almost pure white (no blue at all)

They are like cheap HID's

#59 ChocSoldier

ChocSoldier

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:52 PM

Use Powerbulbs, decently priced when they have sales, and at least you know they're genuine. I've got Phillips Whitevision and although they're a bit whiter, not enough for my tastes. The CrystalVision and DiamondVision should be whiter, but they don't throw out as much light.

Also, for the interior, highly recommend 15x SMD5630 LED boards for anybody looking to upgrade.. they're BRIGHT, The number after the SMD is the size of the LED, I previously had SMD5050 which were pretty bright but these things are another level. Be sure to check carefully though, some boards are SMD1210 or SMD3528 which are nowhere near as good even if they have like double the LED's.

2009 370Z (close enough to a 7th gen :P)

2002 ZZT231 SX

1993 ST184 WRC Trophy

#60 ZRB

ZRB

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:55 PM

Though sometimes too much LED's = Too much heat, which causes LED's to die. I noticed this with T10 LED's for parkers and such that have multiple LED's on one board.

I've been meaning to change the high beams to white for some time but keep forgetting about it. Doesn't look good when running HID's and yellow high beams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users