MattsZR_126

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Interests:Cars
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:15 PM

I actually have version 8.00.034 which was the latest the last time I updated haha. If you are getting that error code I would check your fuses and OBD connecting pins for any dust or particle that could cause a bridge or lack there of. You can update for free via the update button which is hard to find and I can't remember where it is. Might also be worth opening up the ECU to check all the connections there. 

#32 ChocSoldier

ChocSoldier

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:28 AM

Like I said, had no idea where I downloaded Techstream 10 from, but I definitely didn't pay for it :P

Check all the things Matt said though, Version 8 should work fine, but if I find anything I'll let you know. I have a feeling I may have gotten it off a forum, but when I Google it, the only thing is the ft86club and the link there is dead.

2009 370Z (close enough to a 7th gen :P)

2002 ZZT231 SX

1993 ST184 WRC Trophy

#33 trd_st_162

trd_st_162

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts
  • STATE:VIC

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:38 AM

Did you install the drivers for the unit without any issues? That might be why its not automatically detecting your vehicle.

#34 kid_vhee

kid_vhee

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • STATE:WA

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:06 PM

Found this over on MR2 Board, some guy got OBD2 working on his 2jz

Just going to copy paste the interesting part, but the full thread can be found here http://www.mr2.com/f...BD2-on-jdm-ecu!

Step 1: go out and buy an OBD2 Bluetooth adapter. In this case, the one I purchased was this one from Amazon the Bafx PIC18F2480 - http://www.amazon.co...=obd2 bluetooth

Step 2: Purchase the 5$ app "Torque Pro" from the google play market for Android. (For you apple guys, the App Store does not have this exact app on there so I am unsure if any of the steps after this are valid) Any android powered tablet or phone should work here.

Step 3: Inside of the app you can create car profiles for different vehicles (This app is incredible and is by far the most useful thing I've ever bought as an app because this app and the adapter can be used on ANY obd2 car) In the vehicle profile at the bottom of the profile page is a line that says Very Advanced ELM327. There is a line in that section to add text. The following text should be added to that line:

ATIB 96 \n ATIIA 13 \n ATSH8213F0 \n ATSP4 \n 0100

Once that is complete, hit SAVE and go back into the app. The app is now configured to see the JDM ecu's (that code changed the searching frequencies and some other protocol stuff in the app to be able to read the JDM ecu's)

Would be cool if something like this works for us.

Don't suppose anyone with a BT OBD2 scanner wants to gives this a try to see if it works on 7th Gen Celicas? 

Just for everyone else's reference; THIS METHOD WORKS. Works on my 04 Celica, with a ELM327 bluetooth. Just need to pay for the app and add the exact lien in advance settings.

Got sensors working for vacuum/boost, RPM, air intake temp, coolant temp, air flow, and some others.

I used this OBD2  Scanner as it has the most protocols supported: http://www.ebay.com....=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

#35 moo11123

moo11123

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:BOOSTED 7th GEN CELICAS!! <3

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:27 PM

Nice Find dude! And nice thread revival! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users