AndrewAU

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • STATE:VIC

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:03 AM

Hi Celica enthusiasts,

My name is Andrew from Melbourne and I spend some of my spare time drawing cars to create what I call model and evolution charts of particular cars.  You may have seen hundreds of my prints for sale on eBay, Gumtree, Quicksales, Swapmeet and my own website over the past three years, offering prints of all different marques, with a lot of Ford Australia, Holden and Chrysler Australia charts mixed in.

Someone recently suggested creating a Toyota Celica evolution chart but it's a huge amount of work to do in one go and I decided to start by making a print showing the evolution of the first generation cars instead.  It will be my second Toyota print, the first being the third generation Soarer/Lexus SC.

Here is one of the first completed graphics (yet to do the wheels):

celica1.jpg

The further I went with researching info for this print, the more problems I ran into with sourcing images to do the work.  The Wikipedia page is a bit of a mess, it could do with a good rewrite at some stage.  The Japanese brochures have been helpful but it's all in Japanese of course.  So I have a few questions which I am hoping enthusiasts like yourself will be able to answer for me to help get this print done.  I will of course offer a discount to anyone from here helping me when it's all done and ready.

Some questions to begin with:

Does anyone have a photo showing the wheels of the 1970 Celica ET?

From the side, was the 1972 GTV identical in appearance to the GT, but with a GTV instead of a GT emblem in the stripe?  I understand it had a lower ride height.  Same wheels as the GT?

Thanks in advance for your time to read this and any help you can provide.  I hope I can finish it as I've already spent a number of hours researching and trying to locate images and info I just can't find, and have come this far with the graphics.

Regards,

Andrew.

#2 AndrewAU

AndrewAU

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • STATE:VIC

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:07 PM

Damn, looks like I will have to scrap this project.  I've moved onto a Fox-body Mercury Capri evolution chart instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users