• Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Celicas
    St204
    St185
    St165
  • STATE:QLD

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:58 PM

Hi this is my first post here - I live in Qld Australia, as the title says I have a 1995 Celica sx manual. I just bought it about a week ago for $3000. Anyway it drives fine, up until last Wednesday. I was in the process of downshifting as usual, (it wasn't a rough downshift, i was going about 40km/h) and all of a sudden I heard the loud sound of metal hitting metal. It sounded like something had flicked up from the ground and hit the underside of the car. at first I though the exhaust pipe had come off but then I realised it came from the front left hand side of the car, where the transmission is. Anyway I just went "what the heck was that" & kept driving. It drove fine after that. But then later that day there was a loud clunk almost every time I shift gears. It clunks when I'm doing a normal take off (releasing clutch & all that) and clunks also when shifting into 2nd gear. It does not clunk in any other gear. The clutch seems fine & is not slipping. I have also noticed if I rev it to anything above 2500rpm before taking off or shifting, that's when the clunk happens. Oh and later that day, coming back to the site where I first heard the loud metal clunk sound, I found a bolt that has TMS stamped on it and has a number of 8.8, on the road. Not sure if it's from my car but hmmm..
But apart from this clunk the car drives perfectly.

#2 pinkst162formylady

pinkst162formylady

OZCelica Junkie

• WA Moderator
  • 4,446 posts
  • STATE:WA

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:06 PM

Check all engine/transmission mountings.

#3 St204 er

St204 er

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Celicas
    St204
    St185
    St165
  • STATE:QLD

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:24 PM

Check all engine/transmission mountings.

Would it be alright to drive it gently about 14km once a day for a few more days? It's getting fixed this Friday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users