#1 Scott184*

Scott184*

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:50 PM

Brought my son a Celica last week, 184 auto. he doesn't need it for another year or so but will give us some time to tidy it up for him as a first car. Paid $480 including the tow,with no major problems.

Started to give it a good clean today once it was delivered. it is starting to look quite good.

The plan (other than catch up on maintenance and make the vehicle reliable) Is just to clean it up, tint windows, lower it a bit, add a decent sounding exhaust and might look at a respray further down the track.

The vehicle runs fine other than the auto needs a service and some suspension knocks from the left front which i am yet to investigate other than that everything seems fine just needs basic repairs and maintenance.

Couple of Questions.

It has 16" BBS rims that have been painted white and has started cracking the original finish underneath (Hyper Silver) seems perfect. Any quick tricks for getting the old white paint off? 

Has anyone shortened the ridiculously long transmission lever? it makes cup holders and head units a pain to use.

I will get some pics up at some point.

• Champ likes this

#2 Scott184*

Scott184*

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:44 AM

WP_20160109_005_zpse9d9har0.jpgWP_20160109_003_zps5avu7xgj.jpgWP_20160109_002_zpsu1a0sbvn.jpgWP_20160109_001_zpsqc18mnxh.jpg

• Champ likes this

#3 Scott184*

Scott184*

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:46 AM

Started giving it a bit of a polish, going to do coolant flush today and then service the auto maybe next week. the photos are of the car when i first looked at it.

#4 trentmeyer23

trentmeyer23

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 732 posts
  • STATE:QLD

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:17 PM

Definitely needs some love, but the price is cheap, so there is room for repairs.

My 5S-GTE Build:

Click Here

trentmeyer23siggreen_zpsaf02b3dd.jpg

#5 Scott184*

Scott184*

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

Yeah thanks, it is what it is, most of the work will be done by myself so won't set me back to much. Spent a few minutes today and finished the quick polish. Also removed the spoiler and cleaned all the gunk out, debating whether to put it back on i think it looks better without. Nothing mechanical today though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users