OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:fast cars, clubbing, parties, summertime, camping etc
  • STATE:WA

Posted 20 February 2016 - 05:08 PM

Hey ppl 

I'm looking for a better antenna than the stock 7th gen one, anyone got any picts of what the s2k antenna looks like on a 7th gen?

-::::ALPINE CDA-9855R, CHA-S634, header, exhaust, A-SPR-17C, A-SPR-17S.... ::::-

-{NaZza}- ;)

#2 ChocSoldier

ChocSoldier

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 20 February 2016 - 05:27 PM

I'd get a Lexus one if you're going for something specific, otherwise generic does the job fine. The only issue is the base is a bit wider than the base on the car but you won't notice unless looking up close. The Lexus one better matches the base of the 7th gen (narrower than generic ones). In terms of reception, they shouldn't vary much unless you get the tiny ones, e.g. bullet shaped ones or ultra short ones the size of a chapstick, etc

Here's two old shots of my car with a generic eBay "carbon fibre style" antenna, front-on of the car and a slight side view. I can get close-ups tomorrow as well if you're interested in something similar.

http://imgur.com/a/K98GH

2009 370Z (close enough to a 7th gen :P)

2002 ZZT231 SX

1993 ST184 WRC Trophy

#3 ZRB

ZRB

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:58 AM

Small ones looks better, but if you listen to the radio, it's not that great. I don't listen to the radio in my car, so getting rid of that fishing rod antenna was great!

#4 Solar_blue

Solar_blue

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:fast cars, clubbing, parties, summertime, camping etc
  • STATE:WA

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:35 PM

I'd get a Lexus one if you're going for something specific, otherwise generic does the job fine. The only issue is the base is a bit wider than the base on the car but you won't notice unless looking up close. The Lexus one better matches the base of the 7th gen (narrower than generic ones). In terms of reception, they shouldn't vary much unless you get the tiny ones, e.g. bullet shaped ones or ultra short ones the size of a chapstick, etc

Here's two old shots of my car with a generic eBay "carbon fibre style" antenna, front-on of the car and a slight side view. I can get close-ups tomorrow as well if you're interested in something similar.

http://imgur.com/a/K98GH

I do listen to the radio, so id need a replacement antenna that dose pick up radio signal rather well. I think id go for the lexus antenna (call me pedantic but it would bug me if the base stuck out). What is the model No for the lexus antenna or can i just type in lexus antenna and find it that way (just making sure i get the right antenna that fits)

Edited by Solar_blue, 01 April 2016 - 11:11 PM.

-::::ALPINE CDA-9855R, CHA-S634, header, exhaust, A-SPR-17C, A-SPR-17S.... ::::-

-{NaZza}- ;)

#5 ChocSoldier

ChocSoldier

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:54 AM

I do listen to the radio, so id need a replacement antenna that dose pick up radio signal rather well. I think id go for the lexus antenna (call me pedantic but it would bug me if the base stuck out). What is the model No for the lexus antenna or can i just type in lexus antenna and find it that way (just making sure i get the right antenna that fits)

86309-53010 was the part number I had saved in my notes, Never seen a picture of it on a Celica though and I can't find the link to the thread that said it was the same size as the base so just be aware of that in case I'm wrong about it matching the base. I'm sure I read it somewhere though, otherwise I wouldn't have jotted down the part number.

2009 370Z (close enough to a 7th gen :P)

2002 ZZT231 SX

1993 ST184 WRC Trophy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users