#1 Vvtli97

Vvtli97

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:45 PM

What exhaust and extractors do you guys recommend that's at a reasonable price ?

#2 ChocSoldier

ChocSoldier

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:42 PM

Most headers/extractors for the 7th gen aren't any better than stock. Ported stock headers or PPE headers are supposed to give the best gains.

As for the rest of the exhaust, a TRD Kazuma (or a custom one that replicates it) would be the best, but it's also the loudest option. I would just get a decent branded axle-back depending on what you want for sound, and if you want to, custom between the headers and axle-back flange (with high-flow cat, etc). Maybe look at Moo and ZRB's threads in the Members Rides section, I think they both had full exhausts or at least the majority from the headers back.

If you look around, you'll find that the cost of getting something used shipped from Japan, etc is fairly similar to something custom here in terms of axle-backs (which may or may not be good depending on the exhaust shop). That being said, exchange rate plays a part too, I remember the Invidia N1 was a relatively cheap brand new option but the US$ may have changed that.

I've got a Fujitsubo Legalis R which is a bit deeper than stock but is still really quiet unless you're higher up in the RPMs. Still very happy with it but if I was to do it again I would probably get something a bit louder, e.g. Fujitsubo Power Getter. Don't rely purely on videos though, my exhaust sounded pretty crap in a YouTube video I found but in person it sounds completely different, it's actually a lot deeper, etc.

2009 370Z (close enough to a 7th gen :P)

2002 ZZT231 SX

1993 ST184 WRC Trophy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users