OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • STATE:QLD

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:32 PM

Hey guys

Own a ST184 Celica FWD

My two front strut mounts are heavily cracked and knocking now. 

Do i replace the mounts and all 4 shocks? or just go coilovers? Tips on where to find affordable stufff???

#2 trentmeyer23

trentmeyer23

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 732 posts
  • STATE:QLD

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:03 PM

http://ceikaperformance.com/

My 5S-GTE Build:

Click Here

trentmeyer23siggreen_zpsaf02b3dd.jpg

#3 ChocSoldier

ChocSoldier

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:30 AM

On my old 5th gen I had a strut mount go, and just replaced it with a 2nd hand one (bought an entire strut and just took it off), car already had Pedders springs and shocks though.

If you're looking to replace just the mounts, maybe give GSL Rally Sport a try? I got my 7th gen suspension off them for cheap, they were running a deal on springs and shocks.

What you replace really depends on what you have now and whether you're happy with it or not. If GSL weren't running the deal at the time, I definitely would have went coilovers, but in the end, being half the cost swayed me (without the deal it'd only be a few hundred difference).

Don't forget though with shocks/springs you'll probably want to look at bump stops and new rubber boots while you've got it apart, and those all add up. 4x bump stops and rubber boots added like $100 to the cost of mine which I didn't account for, I assumed they came with the shocks.

If going coilovers though, Ceika seem to be liked on the forums, BC's are a common budget option too for most cars. I'd avoid any ultra generic eBay stuff and go with stuff people have actually tried and tested.

2009 370Z (close enough to a 7th gen :P)

2002 ZZT231 SX

1993 ST184 WRC Trophy

#4 Dvsone

Dvsone

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • STATE:VIC

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:48 PM

If your just after the strut mount by itself you can buy them new for about $50 from repco or bursons

#5 hemimark

hemimark

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:American Mopar muscle cars especially 1968-1970 B bodies and 1970-1971 E bodies. Celica ST165 and Skyline R32 GT/R.
  • STATE:WA

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:39 PM

Make sure you get some good quality coil spring compressors or you could get hurt/killed by the stored energy of the spring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users