slapmetwice

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • STATE:QLD

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:51 PM

G'day folks

Am looking at a guy's GT4 project with advertised rebuilt forged motor & ST205 gearbox, plus new suspension but it all needs installing.  Assuming all the parts are there can anyone tell me what a rough cost might be to have it all put back together?

Car is about 8hrs from where I live so trying to figure out if it's worth buying, transporting & rebuilding.

Cheers & appreciate any help.

#2 ausjd2703

ausjd2703

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:02 PM

What are your capabilities?
I'm fine with dropping and engine and installing it. It's just bolts lol
Paying some one would be expensive as its time consuming. Celicas are a pain to work on so you get charged more.
I'd suspect motor in some would be $600+ suspension would maybe be as low as $200 for struts only

ADM ST185 running Gen 3 3SGTE with GTX2867, Haltech PS1000, Racepak dash, Wilwood 330mm four piston fronts. work CR Kais 17-8. full 3" exhaust. FMIC.

#3 slapmetwice

slapmetwice

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:56 PM

Yeah, capabilities are pretty basic as are my tools & lack of a shed!

Wouldn't mind paying for the job being done right.  Details on the ad:

3SGTE Engine rebuilt with forged internals and Racing gasket kit
New Coil overs
New Button cushion clutch
New CV’s
New T26 Turbo
Rebuilt ST205 Gearbox

Figured it would be cheaper to have this made into a whole car than to buy one & have all the work done (forged internals, rebuilt box, etc).  Would have to find someone to tune it also I guess.

Appreciate the help, thanks :)  

#4 Cuts

Cuts

ST205 FTW

• Admin
  • 5,968 posts
  • Interests:Things
    Stuff
    Other
  • STATE:TAS

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:21 AM

In my experience it's easier to go from the bottom. If you don't have a hoist that makes it harder.

But you can go through the top if you remove dont have the turbo and manifold on the engine and no radiator in the car. Expect a few hours for the first time with a couple of people helping.

ST205 Group A Rallye, #61 of 77......350kw atw @ 23 psi on E85. http://www.ozcelica....up-a-rallye-61/
GRX133 Mark X 350s http://www.ozcelica....cuts-new-daily/

#5 Dvsone

Dvsone

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • STATE:VIC

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:58 PM

Generally mechanics charge $80 - $100 per hour for labor. In my workshop i'd be charging you around $800 for the job give or take $100 depending on what is involved.
The problem is if someone has pulled it apart it makes it harder for someone else to put it back together because they may not know where bits/vacuum lines go, will need to sort out the bolts to work out which ones go wjere if they haven't been labled and if bits and pieces or even bolts are missing it makes the job take a lot longer.
You also need to factor in all your fluids and hose clamps and miscellaneous stuff you encounter along the way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users