OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

Hey All, 

Another boost issue for you!

The other day i was playing with my boost controller and 1st and 2nd gear were boosting really well but i was getting fuel cut on 3rd and 4th gear. 

I read online that this was caused by the Turbo VSV and that the easiest way to fix it was to disconnect the hose and then plug both ends (the one on the wastegate and the metal tube on the other end). 

So i did that (i just removed one end of the hose that was there, clogged it with a screw and clamp, and then put on another bit of hose to the other side which is also clogged) and it doesnt have any leaks. 

So i tested the car around the block a couple times boosting in 2nd and 3rd gear and i cant seem to get over 7psi

I know that the boost controller as working as before the VSV line was clogged it was running 12psi in 2nd gear. 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

#2 trentmeyer23

trentmeyer23

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 732 posts
  • STATE:QLD

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

Is the boost controller still connected to the turbo compressor housing?

My 5S-GTE Build:

Click Here

trentmeyer23siggreen_zpsaf02b3dd.jpg

#3 TD.

TD.

OZCelica Junkie

• NSW & ACT Moderator
  • 1,987 posts
  • Interests:Above Us Only Sky.
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:55 AM

Sounds like your running factory wastegate pressure which could be caused by an incorrectly installed boost controller or just setup incorrectly

• trentmeyer23 likes this

Also, thanks heaps for all the replies. I'm fast learning that this may be the friendliest forum on the internet.

/ragequit_life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users