#1 wrctrophydriver

wrctrophydriver

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:55 AM

Hi guys, I work at servo sometimes working nights, last night I had an incident where on going out to do some jobs outside I observed a scumbag closing my passenger car door and running off, it's scary enough being a small female working alone you'd think in a little town in a servo covered in security cameras that your vehicle would be safe :(

The police are investigating so I can't talk about it too much but I'm now considering upping my security obviously security is a sensitive subject so if anyone can PM me how they've secured their cars/ways I can better my security I'd appreciate it, obviously the stock system has an exploitable flaw I need to fix.

To say the least I'm going to paranoid for days.

#2 TD.

TD.

OZCelica Junkie

• NSW & ACT Moderator
  • 1,984 posts
  • Interests:Above Us Only Sky.
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:57 AM

Car security is only really to stop people from driving off with your car, nothing will stop people from getting inside if they really want to.

An alarm is sometimes enough of a deterrent to stop people going into your car with sticky fingers.

Sometimes the fact that the celica is a 30 year old car is enough to make scumbags try their luck, newer cars are seen as harder targets

Also, thanks heaps for all the replies. I'm fast learning that this may be the friendliest forum on the internet.

/ragequit_life

#3 Dvsone

Dvsone

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • STATE:VIC

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:59 PM

I agree with TD. Imobilizers and like are just to stop people being able to start your car and drive off. Nothing will stop someone who is determined from breaking into your car but an aftermarket alarm system with door/window/bonnet/boot sensors and a loud siren might be enought to scare the junkies away

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users