st184newbie

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • STATE:VIC

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:28 AM

Hi everyone,

I need some advice on how to remove the crankshaft pulley bolt because I need to replace the water pump. It is so freaking tight, I got a mobile mechanic to come and the impact gun did nothing. He used a breaker bar with a really long extension pipe and it broke the crank pulley holder and the socket. He told me the only option is to cut the bolt or drill a hole. I am not convince how the bolt will come out even after cutting the head off. 

I can't drive the car to a mechanic because coolant is pissing out and the car overheat. The nearest mechanic is more than 7 km so I don't think it will make it that far without overheating.

This is driving me insane.

#2 ausjd2703

ausjd2703

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • STATE:QLD

Posted 30 October 2018 - 12:22 PM

can try a breaker bar against a frame rail and hit the starter. just check the rotation direction first first.

ive never had one a rattle gun couldn't undo but.

ADM ST185 running Gen 3 3SGTE with GTX2867, Haltech PS1000, Racepak dash, Wilwood 330mm four piston fronts. work CR Kais 17-8. full 3" exhaust. FMIC.

#3 st184newbie

st184newbie

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • STATE:VIC

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:11 PM

I have tried the starter method and no good. Maybe I just have to take it to the mechanic, probably bring heaps of water and just filling up water as I go. 6-7 km is not too far i guess. 

#4 Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 725 posts
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:39 PM

Borrow a mate's ute and hire a car trailer for $50, better than risking grenading the whole engine (if it isn't already)

sig_pic_zpsfa6edc07.jpg

ST162 - Charlie the pie-eater: Carted away on the back of a flat-bed...
JZZ30 - Lexi: Now an organ donor.
AE102 - Charlene: Reborn
AE82 - Rosie: 70.8kw, definitely not carving corners. Decidedly cube-shaped

#5 TD.

TD.

OZCelica Junkie

• NSW & ACT Moderator
  • 1,984 posts
  • Interests:Above Us Only Sky.
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 03 November 2018 - 11:33 AM

Stick it on the back of a tow truck and take it to a mechanic you trust.

Normally the bolt isnt welded on that tight but the last guy who touched your car could have used thread lock.

Either way your going to need a workshop full of the right tools to get this one done properly.

This is the wonderful world of cars :P

Also, thanks heaps for all the replies. I'm fast learning that this may be the friendliest forum on the internet.

/ragequit_life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users