• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BernardMcSmeg

BernardMcSmeg

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:history, archaeology, old buildings, British novels that are at least a hundred years old, Britcoms, sci-fi, smoking weed and philosophising, cats, horses, avoiding human interaction
  • STATE:VIC

Posted 03 November 2018 - 01:42 AM

'Ullo all,

I'm Jayne, I'm here to learn stuff and look at all your sexy pictures. I'll probably just lurk because I suck at conversing with humans.

I've always had a bit of a boner for Celicas; I think a relative or family friend had a 4th gen when I was a kid, and they were one of the first cars I learned to indentify. Didn't really think I'd ever actually have one, though.

But then the opportunity to get another car came up, nearly a decade after my first car was written off by a taxi, and I immediately fell in love with a 2004 TTR SX on Carsales. I was supposed to be looking for a 'sensible' car because I'm disabled and my hips and knees like to try to dislocate themselves getting in and out of cars. The test drive was kind of just meant to be wish fulfillment, but it just made me want it more. And my girlfriend, who has an R34 Skyline and a penchant for all things Japanese, steamrolled any doubts I had, and that was that.

As far as I know I'm the third owner; the guy who sold it to me bought it from a Toyota dealer in 2011 without any books or service history, and no idea what mods had been made. He was not car savvy at all, but he did service it regularly and was sad that he had to sell it. It ended up taking him six weeks to get it roadworthy for me, most of that the mechanic waiting on parts from interstate. The Cannon muffler the first owner installed had to be replaced because it was clocking in at 112db. And I'm pretty sure the car's been lowered and given new shocks; it's certainly lower than the Skyline, and it rides super flat and solid. I'll get my mechanic to have a look when it goes in for a service and see if he can find out.

My only plans for the car at this point are a new stereo, speakers and sub, and custom plates. The battery mysteriously discharged itself over the weekend (through no fault of mine) and I'm hoping it'll turn out that it just needs a new one and it's not something else pooping itself, but even if it is I'm not too concerned. I don't need the car as a daily drive so much as 10% for running errands while my girlfriend is at work and 90% for driving just for the fun of it. Hopefully one day soon we'll be able to do the real test: go up Mt Macedon and zoom around like we're playing Initial D. I haven't played around with the tiptronic transmission yet, but I have worked out how to slide in and out without dislocating anything. It doesn't help that I'm nearly 6' and even with the seat as far back as it'll go, it's barely enough leg room. I definitely won't be carrying passengers in the back seats, unless they're amputees.

Anyway, TL;DR: I just got a Celica and she's gorram shiny. Here's a picture of my pretty, and a terrible night shot of our ladies out for a cruise on Beaconsfield Parade.

Attached Files

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.

https://www.youtube....h?v=nq8KrAx26mM

#2 TD.

TD.

OZCelica Junkie

• NSW & ACT Moderator
  • 1,984 posts
  • Interests:Above Us Only Sky.
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:28 AM

Hello and welcome to the forums, nice car you have there, good to see the JDM bug is still biting people :P

what wheels and tyres do you have on the car at the moment ?

Also, thanks heaps for all the replies. I'm fast learning that this may be the friendliest forum on the internet.

/ragequit_life

#3 BernardMcSmeg

BernardMcSmeg

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:history, archaeology, old buildings, British novels that are at least a hundred years old, Britcoms, sci-fi, smoking weed and philosophising, cats, horses, avoiding human interaction
  • STATE:VIC

Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:52 AM

Welp, had notifications off. Good start.

I've just got the stock alloys and the tyres it came with -- Westlake. Not a brand I've heard of and they're quite noisy but I don't see much point in replacing them while the tread's still good.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.

https://www.youtube....h?v=nq8KrAx26mM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users