#61 Edward

Edward

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • STATE:VIC

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:38 AM

does anyone know where to get the bolts from? and how many exactly are there? just the 2 bolts? i mean if there were more.. may aswell replace them all?

#62 trd_st_162

trd_st_162

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

Toyota will have them, there are just 2 bolts necessary. I remember them being quite cheap too. Under $10 for the pair.

Are you having issues at the moment with lift?

#63 Rurouni

Rurouni

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • STATE:QLD

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

Yep, only two. The easiest place to get them is through Toyota. They're usually a couple dollars each.

#64 Edward

Edward

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

oh ok, il be sure to go down and pick some up. umm lift seems to be working fine but i guess some nights it would seem that it hits 'harder' than others? sometimes itl be screaming and sometimes you can barely tell when it engages, could be weather but reading these threads got me a little paranoid :P
and its only a couple bucks for some screws so why not :)

#65 trd_st_162

trd_st_162

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

Yeah with the Lift system its either always working or completely broken, the changing levels can be greatly influenced by the weather conditions.

Mine feels the same, you may end up changing them when they don't require doing. Which year was your car? Yours may have come out with the revised version.

We'll have to meet up one day and experience each others lift...lol. Sounds a bit dirty but it will be strictly business related lol

#66 CelicaGTSZR19

CelicaGTSZR19

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

Hey Guys,

My mechanic couldn't get the intake bolt (separated) out but managed to get the worn exhaust one out. As a result I have to go to Toyota and my dealership believes that the engine will have to come out :s He had no idea and has never done a lift bolt replacement before and by looking at the TSB that was earlier linked on this page told me it was american and compleatley irrelevant despite the engine codes and part numbers match perfectly. As a result I'm up for a $2000.00 operation and the car gone for a week. I know this is compleatley unnecessary and he also believes there were no problems with the 00-02 Celica's so for everyone who has gone to a dealership to have this problem fixed or have any evidence of recalls in other countries could I please have a copy of that documentation so I can claim an "out of warranty claim" for my dealership to pay for the service (rightfully so). I need a sufficient amount of evidence so head office can record this for future reference. I would be so thankful if just a couple of you could help me.

Cheers, Matt
With the explosive VVTL-I engine, one drive and everything else feels slow

#67 anhphuongvu

anhphuongvu

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

im sure someone in the forums will be able to help you with the bolts.
being charged that much is ridiculous. dont go with it
that TSB was released worldwide as all 99-02 celica had that problem

#68 L__5

L__5

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

BAD LUCK. i got mine done at a mate who is a mechanic and it cost me less than 100. In my receipt, it just says "life bolt replacement." I would be angry at the mechanic. Try looking at the American forum for some guidance.

#69 ZRB

ZRB

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

So is the part number 90105–06293 ? (flange) Do I just need two bolts? I'm thinking of getting them changed just to be sure.

So if I change the bolts to the ones from the 03+ Celica, I don't have to worry about it anymore or is it still at risk?

Oh and can anyone link me to the best place to get these?

Edited by ZRB, 18 June 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#70 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

got mine for from toyota castle hill. mechanice did it for 100 i think and my ones werent worn out.

#71 Thirteen13

Thirteen13

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts
  • Interests:Metal Music, Coffee, Cars, Bikes, Computers
  • STATE:WA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

So is the part number 90105–06293 ? (flange) Do I just need two bolts? I'm thinking of getting them changed just to be sure.

So if I change the bolts to the ones from the 03+ Celica, I don't have to worry about it anymore or is it still at risk?

Oh and can anyone link me to the best place to get these?

Correct and Incorrect.

Part number when i went to Melville Toyota yesty was as i PM'd you.
90105-06293 seems to be 03 Taper cam lock bolts. Which is the correct bolts. You need 2x on for intake rocker, one for exhaust.

I would also HIGHLY reccomend to anyway to order part 11213-88600 Which is the valve cover gasket. When you take the valve cover off its the rubber seal that sandwiches the valve cover to the head. This is a rubber seal that is sitting on a very hot engine and as with any rubber + high heat over time wears out quickly. For a $30 part just replace it. If you check older cars which dont replace this youll see oil leaking from around them. Also get some of your favourite gasket sealant such as Loctite for the corner pieces of the gasket.

From reading the Lotus forums about 2ZZ. the Lotus repair guide advises replace bolts every 50,000km. Which to me sounds correct. These bolts are constantly rubbing and even thought lubricated work hard.
Seriously guys its $1.30 for 1 bolt. So $2.60 for 2 and its Toyota Genuine part, it takes about 5-10 minutes to remove the plastic covers. 2 minutes to undo the rover cover bolts. 1 minute to unbolt the old bolts, 30 seconds to screw new bolts in. 10-15 minutes to replace and do everything back up and your set for another 50,000km.
Its not a $100 job like toyota want to charge its a $2.60 job and an hour of your time. Hell invite your mates over and brag about how you hav ean extra lobe on your cam while you do it and give your engine a polish.
Its a very easy job by the write up Targa did.
Ill be doing mine today, and ill write up how i go
  • roleypup likes this
Posted Image

#72 roleypup

roleypup

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography
  • STATE:QLD

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the Lotus 2ZZ engines are supercharged... Probably putting more pressure on the bolts than ours are & therefore their 50000 km interval would be more like 60000 for us, no? Not that it matters, like you said, for 3 bucks + 1 hour over however many years, who cares if you do it more frequently than you need?

#73 Thirteen13

Thirteen13

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts
  • Interests:Metal Music, Coffee, Cars, Bikes, Computers
  • STATE:WA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the Lotus 2ZZ engines are supercharged... Probably putting more pressure on the bolts than ours are & therefore their 50000 km interval would be more like 60000 for us, no? Not that it matters, like you said, for 3 bucks + 1 hour over however many years, who cares if you do it more frequently than you need?

Not all Lotus are SC. The Exige S i think is, but the Exige is 2ZZ NA.

Can confirm. Part No: 90105-06293 is 03 taper bolt.
Posted Image

Edited by Thirteen13, 19 June 2012 - 04:17 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users