#61 CelicaGTSZR19

CelicaGTSZR19

OZCelica Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • STATE:NSW

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

I had 200 xxx on the clock and lift was still engaging, the intake bolt was seperated at a rather difficult angle I might add. I read somewhere in a statement by Toyota saying "there are no immediate symptoms of broken bolts only a slight loss of power when customers exceed 6200rpm" so best replace them regardless for all the extra POWERRR!
With the explosive VVTL-I engine, one drive and everything else feels slow

#62 roleypup

roleypup

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography
  • STATE:QLD

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

Hey 13, when you replaced the lift bolts, you said you did drive belt, water pump, oil pump, etc. What replacement parts did you use? Stock or aftermarket? Brands? Thanks.

Edited by roleypup, 17 December 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#63 Thirteen13

Thirteen13

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts
  • Interests:Metal Music, Coffee, Cars, Bikes, Computers
  • STATE:WA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

I got Gates belt, still after 10,000km its good condition. I got aftermarket water pump for 2 reasons. It was literly a 10th of the price and the aftermarket unit had metal impellers, rather than toyota's plastic. Cant remember the brand. I did OCV strainers. PS Fluid and lift bolts.
Oil pump i havent done.
Posted Image

#64 MattsZR_126

MattsZR_126

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

MWR want $750 for an oil pump, is it worth this much? I don't even want to know what the stealership would charge us *hides

#65 Thirteen13

Thirteen13

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Is your oil pump broken or you just wanna replace it incase. Its a PITA job to get too and only worth doing if you HAVE to do it.

Ive never bought one but MWR is basically the average USA price for stuff so id say it would be at least that much here, if not more.
Posted Image

#66 MattsZR_126

MattsZR_126

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Currently oil pump is fine it's just it's a common fault and usually the first thing to go if the car is revving near 7700rmp and since my limiter kicks in at 8200rpm I thought this might be a good insurance policy. At this stage I think I'll avoid it and get one shipped with a MWR 2L engine ill get when mine go's

#67 Thirteen13

Thirteen13

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

But with what your saying even with a new pump revving to +7700rpm will still damage/destory it, so why replace it now when it iwll just die again ?

I realise the oil pump is an issue with the 2ZZ, but i highly highly doubt that driving the 2ZZ to rev limiter will destroy it. The issue with exploding oil pump is when excessive rev's well beyond 10,000rpm are achieved and this is through fault of down shifting. (as a member here experieced) If you have a manual then you will relise how easy it could be in spirited driving to go from a high gear to a low gear.

Plus im sure Toyota would have run the motor through its paces on the building phase and they would have constructed an oil pump that is designed to handle work up until the rev limited.
Plus if the rev limiter revise was a major build issue, toyota would have put out a recall and re'flashed all the ecu's.I highly doubt its anything to worry about.
Posted Image

#68 MattsZR_126

MattsZR_126

OZCelica Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:49 PM

Did this today, the guide was really well written but I think  to make it easier people should replace the cover gasket and when they do put some gasket goo on it so it sticks to its channel in the cover as I put mine back on and the gasket kind of fell out at the back which was a pain haha. Thank god I got skinny japanese-like hands. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users